Facility Maintenance Technician
The Facility Maintenance Technician will maintain NorthStar facilities and equipment. This position will perform maintenance on, but not limited to, buildings and related equipment including: building and process utilities, interiors, exteriors, office spaces, grounds, and material handling equipment. This position will provide assistance to engineering team to size and install utilities and perform preventive maintenance on facilities equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Work with Engineering team to size, purchase, install and maintain facilities equipment and fixtures.
2. Troubleshoot, test, and maintain facility utilities including: HVAC units, chillers, electrical generators, air compressors and associated equipment.
3. Execute general carpentry such as dry walling, painting, and plumbing.
4. Assemble/Disassemble office furniture and cubicles as needed.
5. Perform basic fabrication, such as cutting, drilling, and welding.
6. Read and interpret blueprints, drawing, and schematics.
7. Follow SOPs and document all work as necessary.
8. Create, enter data into, and close work orders in a CMMS as necessary.
9. Recommend, draft and execute preventive maintenance as needed.
10. Perform emergency custodial duties as needed.
11. Perform grounds work such as snow shoveling (plowing) and light landscaping.
12. Operate material handling equipment and aerial platform lifts as needed.
13. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely fashion.
14. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health and Safety Program by following procedures and mentoring others.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Technical Degree in a related field and two or more years of experience within an FDA regulated manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with automated building HVAC systems and custom fabrication preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with automation and a CMMS is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a cross functional team
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Adaptable to change in the work environment and schedule, including “On Call” availability
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.