Field Service Engineer
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) provides installation, on-site support, and escalation in critical customer events, primarily throughout NorthStar’s install base. The individual will hold a key technical leadership role focusing on resolution of system failures or issues at customer locations. The FSE will work with headquarters and other field personnel to establish and implement action plans. Once developed, they will remain committed to drive the plan through the appropriate channels until all customer issues are resolved. This individual will provide first and second level expertise to the field service group to resolve difficult technical and/or sophisticated customer issues.
The Field Service Engineer will normally work a rotating shift schedule to support the operations of the Nuclear Pharmacy Customers who operate our equipment. Work Schedules are determined by a combination of, but not limited to, NorthStar’s service obligations and customer service needs, and Senior Field Service Engineer’s input. Weekly, 24/7 on-call support is also required on a rotational basis and shift schedules may change to better accommodate customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Assess complex problems, collect data, establish facts, research, and escalate customer issues to help develop an action plan with the appropriate resources. Remain committed until the resolutions are implemented.
2. Deliver End-User training for NorthStar system users either at Customer Sites or at NorthStar Headquarters to ensure customer possesses a strong understanding of system operation.
3. Assist NorthStar Headquarters in developing troubleshooting methods and action plans to address various issues in the field that will be utilized by FSE’s and installers.
4. Act as a liaison between the field and NorthStar Headquarters regarding technical issues discovered in the field. Follow up with customers to solicit feedback and questions in order to submit product feedback requests.
5. Provide a positive, consistent company image when discussing the company, products, and management decisions with the internal and external customers.
6. Provide information and opinions to the appropriate resources to improve company technical documentation or process.
7. Periodically rotate through the Contact Center to provide technical support to Customers and Field Service Engineers remotely by phone as well as in person.
8. Establish clear lines of communication to all appropriate areas of the company for call escalation, information feedback, and product improvements.
9. Promote customer satisfaction through problem solving, clear and effective communications, professional appearance, and efficient repair/maintenance activities.
10. Manage schedule(s) and work priorities to ensure that urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately and customer satisfaction is optimized.
11. Ensure work activities for both on-site and telephone support are documented accurately and clearly. Return documentation to NorthStar Headquarters so these records provide appropriate documentation of product service history for Device History File records.
12. Manage parts inventory and promptly return replaced parts that are required to be returned to NorthStar’s Headquarters for processing.
13. Manage expenses incurred while providing support of NorthStar Customer systems.
14. Assist in the development of Service documentation, in conjunction with Engineering and/or the Contact Center team.
15. Assist in the training of Contact Center staff with respect to maintenance and service activities, as required.
16. Provide feedback through the Contact Center group for service-related product improvements that could improve Mean Time To Access (MTTA) and Mean Time To Repair (MTTR), or improvements in Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
17. Assist in the identification, development, documentation, and testing of Field Service tools as well as design updates to the product.
18. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
19. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 70% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and three to five years of experience in a Medical Device manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hands-on experience with electronic test equipment required. Experience with radioactivity preferred, but not required.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Visio. Experience in basic administration of Windows-based computer hardware, software, and networking is required.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line