Global Strategic Sourcing Specialist
The Global Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive value with innovation and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers, and patients. This position will be responsible for developing and executing strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge, and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage will be created through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization, and risk mitigation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Lead efforts to source and select key suppliers having core competencies and capabilities that support corporate direction.
2. Negotiate Master Supply Agreements and evolve supply-line work flows that deliver competitive advantage and strengthen supplier relationships.
3. Work with quality assurance representatives to qualify suppliers, measure performance, and regularly re-evaluate supplier ranking.
4. Engage suppliers in company business activities where prudent; including design development, design reviews, cost management, and problem resolution.
5. Analyze domestic and global economic trends, major commodity price fluctuations, changes in supplier status, and supply chain costs to capitalize on opportunities and/or protect company positions.
6. Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies that offer contingencies for sole source situations, scarce/allocated material scenarios, and global geopolitical concerns.
7. Conduct regular business reviews with key suppliers with set meeting times and agendas.
8. Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on supply chain conditions to executive management.
9. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
10. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or other related discipline and six or more years of experience in purchasing and sourcing complex and unique designs globally; or equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS/CSCP Certification preferred.
Proficient knowledge of Enterprise Requirements Planning Systems and Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Familiar with cGMP and FDA regulations
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.