Intern - Nuclear Pharmacy
This internship is designed to provide an introduction to the pharmaceutical industry with a specialty in nuclear medicine for Pharm.D. students with a strong interest in pursuing a career in the field of nuclear pharmacy or the pharmaceutical industry.
Projects and duties will be completed in compliance with applicable cGMP, FDA, and all other regulatory agencies’ standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Perform laboratory tasks including equipment calibration, radiologic assays, pharmaceutical compounding, and quality control testing.
2. Assist in drug development testing
3. Assist in the development of department policies and procedures.
4. Provide product development feedback.
5. Collaborate in customer service projects.
6. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely fashion.
7. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health and Safety Program by following procedures and mentoring others.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time between NorthStar locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Enrolled in a Pharm.D. program at an ACPE-accredited school or College of Pharmacy. Basic understanding of radioactive material handling and instrumentation. Experience within a nuclear pharmacy setting preferred, but not required.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.