Inventory Control - Material Handler
Perform manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, stocking, issuing and delivering a variety of equipment, materials, and supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Receive, unpack, and stock incoming materials, purchased components and supplies in accordance with company procedures.
2. Process returned goods in accordance with company policies working with purchasing to resolve any incoming receiving discrepancies.
3. Process returned material from customers using ERP system.
4. Enter receipts, issues, and other inventory transactions into ERP system to support engineering and production activities as needed.
5. Create part numbers, bill of materials, and process ECO’s to support engineering and production activities as needed.
6. Perform cycle counts and help reconcile material discrepancies.
7. Pick materials to work orders, maintain organized inventory storage of material, component, and finished goods.
8. Package, label and create shipment documentation as required to meet demand requirements.
9. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely fashion.
10. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health and Safety Program by following procedures and mentoring others.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years of shipping and receiving experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to two years of experience in Inventory Control, cycle counting, and work order kitting.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Previous experience working with an ERP system required.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.