Isotope Processing Supervisor
Are you looking to be part of something extraordinary and meaningful that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking motivated individuals like you to join our rapidly growing team in Beloit, WI. Innovative technology, Opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning at NorthStar. In addition to health and life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, all NorthStar employees are eligible on Day One for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
NorthStar develops, manufactures and distributes radioisotopes that are used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Our novel, high technology approaches have enabled NorthStar to be the first company in nearly 30 years to produce the radioisotope Mo-99 in the United States. NorthStar’s processes are non-uranium based and designed to help minimize waste while meeting the highest quality standards. The Mo-99 is used in NorthStar’s RadioGenix® System, an isotope separation platform used by radiopharmacies across the country to produce the imaging radioisotope Tc-99m. NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader. Beyond Mo-99, we have a pipeline of other novel and medically important isotopes that can further grow our business and provide development opportunities for our employees.Working with this novel and advanced technology is challenging yet rewarding for talented individuals who want to make a difference and be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business. NorthStar’s people drive our solutions and our success, and we are committed to ensuring that we provide fulfilling work experiences and valuable development opportunities.
The Isotope Processing Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of manufacturing operations associated with the processing of Mo-99 to NorthStar’s customers while complying with procedures, instructions, and prescribed routines. All projects and duties will be completed in compliance with applicable cGMP, FDA, and all other regulatory agency standards. Additionally, this role will supervise, coach, and develop the Beloit NMR Isotope Processing team while fostering a culture of team ownership, transparency, and team success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates an ability to lead in a fast-paced environment in regards to production goals, standards, mindsets and behaviors both on and off the production floor.
- Ensures strict adherence to quality, safety, regulatory, and written procedures in the manufacture of products following OSHA and CFR (cGMP) guidelines.
- Ensures vigilance to the production schedule to meet customer demands and reduce overtime (ensure the most effective and efficient use of personnel, materials, and time).
- Participates and performs effectively in a team environment and interacts with multiple departments to ensure the operational success of the team.
- Bachelor or Technical Degree in science, technology, or engineering.
- Two or more years of leadership experience within a cGMP manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience with Automation and CIP Systems desired.
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment is preferred. Strong mechanical aptitude is required, a scientific background is preferred.
Location – Beloit
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is headquartered in Beloit, Wis. This location is our primary manufacturing site and accommodates all of our corporate functions. Beloit has small city charm, with a lively and renovated downtown, yet is also close to cities such as Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago, and Rockford.
Beloit is a part of the larger South Central Wisconsin/Northern Illinois region, which offers residents and visitors alike a unique blend of urban opportunities and rural, natural beauty. The area, therefore, offers collections of natural, educational, artistic, and historical attractions alongside a wide variety of sporting and social opportunities. There are several cities and many towns within a reasonable commute of Beloit, which offer a wide choice of residential styles and a large number of school district choices for those considering relocation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Isotope Processing Supervisor – Beloit, WI