Process Laboratory Technician
Responsible for routine (chemistry) laboratory support in one of NorthStar’s research and development laboratories. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the laboratory space to cGMP standards, creating and documenting standard laboratory solutions, and assisting in the maintenance and calibration of analytical measurement equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Assist in the operation, maintenance, and calibration of radiation measurement equipment, including but not limited to: HPGe, LSC (with alpha and beta counting modes), gas proportional counters, dose calibrators, survey meters, and wipe test counters.
2. Assist in the operation, maintenance, and calibration of analytical instrumentation, including but not limited to: MP-AES, IC, HPLC, and UV-VIS.
3. Perform radiochemical separations as needed to support product development.
4. Conduct testing to generate data in support of product development.
5. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
6. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel up to _10_% of the time (to Beloit, WI and job related training)
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related physical science and one or more years of experience in a cGMP environment; or equivalent combination and experience. Previous experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory making cGMP / GLP measurements is required. Previous experience in a radiochemistry position with an understanding of radioisotopes used in nuclear medicine desired.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Good analytical problem solving skills
• Good communication skills, verbal and written
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.