The Logistics Coordinator will assist the Manager, Warehouse & Logistics in overseeing all logistics activities. Ensure timely and safe movement of product through the facility. The successful candidate must be able to manage changing priorities for various customers. This results-driven position requires attention to detail, ability to multi-task, maintain current policies/procedures, and train others in a hands-on environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Coordinate efforts with shipping personnel, freight forwarding, warehousing, transportation, and supply chain solutions.
2. Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
3. Assure compliance with outside agencies including, local, state, federal, and country specific regulatory agencies as it directly relates to logistics and trade compliance.
4. Load and unload trucks using material handling equipment and fork lift.
5. Complete and provide all shipping documentation and paperwork necessary to facilitate the shipment of both Domestic and International orders, which includes: Commercial Invoices, Shippers Bills of Lading , Carriers
Air Way Bills (AWB) and Hazardous Materials Declarations as needed.
6. Coordinate and monitor proper packaging and labeling of Hazardous Air and Ground shipments and complete IATA and DOT Dangerous Goods documentation necessary to comply with regulations, as needed.
7. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
8. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel, domestically up to 10 % of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a Transportation or Logistics related field and five or more years of practical Logistics/Transportation experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. HazMat CFR 49 Certification and previous forklift experience preferred. Time Critical shipping experience is a plus.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with MAS ERP preferred.
• Possess extensive knowledge of regulatory compliance such as: DOT, OSHA, etc.
• Knowledge of routing principles and route planning.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.