Manager, Contact Center (Customer Support)
The Manager, Contact Center will have a proven record supervising a team of Technical Support personnel responsible for the initial contact, response, and management of customer issues. This will be accomplished by focusing NorthStar resources to rapidly resolve customer events and quickly escalate unresolved issues to ensure that the highest levels of customer satisfaction are achieved. All efforts will be mindful of, and in compliance with, any and all federal and state regulatory requirements. He/she will have a thorough understanding of current best practices utilized in managing Contact Centers and a demonstrated success applying these practices. The Manager, Contact Center must be capable of operating in a dynamic team environment within a rapidly growing company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise Technical Support Specialists involved in responding to internal/external customer inquiries and resolving issues related to product performance or product use.
2. Facilitate team member growth, development, and performance.
3. Implement programs and processes to ensure revenue, quality, cost containment, and customer satisfaction goals are achieved or exceeded.
4. Coach contact center and field service personnel on Contact Center processes through on-line and in person interactions, in order to foster understanding, develop skills, improve productivity, and maximize performance.
5. Work with subject matter experts to assist in the development and implementation of best practices to address the following areas: general usage questions from customers and field personnel, tracking of customer complaints, logging of system failures, managing internal and external product and customer feedback for R&D, capturing troubleshooting best practices to aid the field service and Contact Center teams.
6. Communicate and follow up to ensure that Contact Center support and/or Field Service personnel are fully informed of all new information relative to products, procedures, customers, and company policies.
7. Develop and monitor performance metrics to identify methods to improve Contact Center efficiency.
8. Assist in maintaining and improving customer Contact Center technology by analyzing deficiencies and developing and implementing solutions.
9. Planning of resources within the Contact Center and Field Service on-call personnel.
10. Ensure the full functionality of computers, headsets, network connections, desk/working areas, and Contact Center work environment.
11. Assist Technical Support Specialists with difficult calls/technical issues and serve as the next level of escalation for customer issues.
12. Assist with selecting, implementing, and sustaining a Customer Relationship Management System.
13. Benchmark NorthStar’s Contact Center processes and procedures to ensure that best practices are being utilized.
14. Work cross-functionally to track and trend failure modes on NorthStar supported systems.
15. Assist in the development, deployment and completion of Field Actions.
16. Drive the use of remote troubleshooting software (e.g., TeamViewer) wherever possible to reduce Field Service Engineer travel and expedite Customer call resolution.
17. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
18. Support NorthStar’s Quality and Health & Safety Programs by following and supporting all NorthStar policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 30% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field of study (e.g. Engineering, Chemistry, or Pharmacy) and 5 or more years of experience in Contact Center Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in a highly regulated environment (ISO, FDA, NRC etc) is preferred.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs. Strong knowledge and experience with remote troubleshooting software is preferred.
Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel. Conduct administrative duties (e.g. timesheets and expense reports) within company guidelines and ensure her/his team meets all requirements.
• Ability to manage people and processes both vertically and horizontally across the organization, with and without direct authority
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment within a rapidly growing company
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.