Manager, Facilities & Capital Project Management
Applicants must be able to work legally within the United States, and we currently do not offer H1B Visa sponsorship. Please, no 3rd party inquiries
NorthStar’s mission is to transform the medical radioisotopes industry by becoming a global leader of innovative diagnostic & therapeutic medical radioisotopes. In fulfillment of this mission, NorthStar has developed a groundbreaking isotope processing production equipment and an instrument/medical device that will efficiently produce important medical Radioisotopes on site at a Radiopharmacy.
NorthStar is in search of a hands on engineering manager who will lead an organization responsible for managing multiple greenfield manufacturing plant construction projects regulated by pharmaceutical standards. These facilities will include processes such as drug formulation and filling, packaging, medical device assembly, as well as particle accelerator based processing. In addition this role will oversee the facility management of our existing manufacturing and R&D facilities. The successful candidate will bring the structure and rigor associated with a large organization while being able to function in a smaller, more hands-on environment. This leader will be a key member of the engineering organization leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Responsible for the development and execution of construction projects, including setting requirements, cost estimating, budgeting, selection/management of engineering and construction contractors, evaluating bids, design drawings, and implementing change control.
2. Establishing and coordinating project management tools for capital building projects, as well as managing subordinates in maintaining project tracking tools.
3. Lead the resource planning, hiring and supervision of direct reports. Training and mentoring a dedicated team of engineers and related professionals.
4. Inspect construction and repair progress to ensure conformance to established specifications, along with conformance to lease requirements and building codes.
5. Create and manage departmental budget.
6. Lead the design, execution, and maintenance of all process utilities.
7. Lead the design, construction, maintenance of all office space and R&D facilities.
8. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
9. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time, will need to ability to travel to Madison, WI for occasional meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture and a minimum of 5 years of experience in facility construction, preferably in a medical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment and 3 years of management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with FDA regulations, GMP manufacturing requirements, and radioactive processing preferred.
Proficient knowledge of MS Office software programs and some knowledge of engineering tools including AutoCad and/or Solidworks.
Ability to successfully plan, motivate, enhance and assist direct reports to ensure a healthy work environment. Must be able to fairly evaluate and ensure compliance to NorthStar’s employment policies.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and team members
• Adaptable to change in the work environment