Manager, Software Engineering
Are you looking to be part of a game-changing organization that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking individuals with a proactive, collaborative, can-do mindset to join our rapidly growing team in Madison, WI.
NorthStar develops, manufactures, and distributes radioisotopes used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Using novel and advanced technologies, NorthStar will scale up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader.
Innovative technology, opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning. NorthStar offers health and life insurance, 401K match, paid holidays and paid time off, and all NorthStar employees are eligible on day one for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
The Manager of Software Engineering will manage and develop the software groups as well develop processes in compliance with FDA/cGMP regulations and standards. This position requires a hands-on leader that can engage directly in problem-solving, development, and developing standards and processes, as well as managing both an internal team and multiple outsource partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a collaborative environment to develop solutions using software designs to solve application and instrument control requirements that meet objectives
- Develop and manage a team of internal software, firmware, and electrical engineers responsible for the new product development as well as sustaining engineering activities
- Develop project plans, schedules, test plans, and other project documentation
- Develop new partnerships and manage existing relationships with outside software/firmware/electrical development companies
- Oversee creation of the software/electrical development process as a whole including requirements determination, architecture, standards, review processes, unit/integration/system test methods, configuration management, and change control
Bachelor’s degree schools in Computer Science and 8 years of experience with HW/SW development of electromechanical devices in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, aerospace); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with writing software and electrical development including schematic capture, layout, board fabrication, and testing required. Experience with medical device design and development and/or FDA/cGMP compliance preferred.
Madison isn’t just the “Capital City,” it also houses NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes’ Research and Development facilities.
The Madison region is a place where dynamic, talented, innovative and hardworking people want to be. We know this because the region is growing at a faster rate than the state and the nation. Madison, Wis. was named first on Livability’s top 100 places to live in 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.