Manager, Supply Chain
The Manager, Supply Chain will be responsible for strategic planning, management, and coordination of all activities related to sourcing and procurement of services and materials (manufacturers, distributors, and sub-contractors) as required to meet expectations of our customers and regulators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Establish and accomplish strategic initiatives for supply chain department that support corporate goals.
2. Direct and support supply chain team members by setting and achieving measurable goals and objectives that align with departmental initiatives.
3. Manage procurement planning and purchasing activities for the company ensuring appropriate inventory levels are in place to support NorthStar Master Schedule.
4. Direct the Negotiation of Master Supply Agreements that define business policy, expectations, and fortify supplier relationships.
5. Define departmental and cross functional teams to source and qualify suppliers, measure performance, and regularly re-evaluate supplier ranking.
6. Direct regular business reviews with core suppliers where key performance indicators, business strategies, objectives, and needs are evaluated and acted on to ensure evidence of continuous improvement.
7. Motivate engagement of core suppliers in company business activities where prudent including design development, design reviews, cost management, and problem resolution.
8. Monitor domestic and global economic trends, major commodity price fluctuations, changes in supplier status, and supply chain costs to capitalize on opportunities and/or protect company interests.
9. Ensure that upstream supply chain is risk adverse and capable of supporting business objectives.
10. Work with Logistics department to utilize third-party logistics and carrier services that ensure cost-effective and timely deliveries of product from both domestic and international origins.
11. Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on Supply Chain conditions to executive management.
12. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
13. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain and Operations Management or other related discipline and 10 or more years of purchasing and sourcing complex and unique designs globally; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five or more years of management experience required. APICS Certification and cGMP experience preferred.
Proficient knowledge of Enterprise Requirements Planning Systems and Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with MAS ERP preferred, but not required.
Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of direct reports whom are located across multiple facilities.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Excellent mentoring skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.