Mechanical Systems Engineer
Are you looking to be part of a game-changing organization that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking individuals with a pro-active, collaborative, can-do mindset to join our rapidly growing team in Madison, WI.
NorthStar develops, manufactures, and distributes radioisotopes used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Using novel and advanced technologies, NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader.
Innovative technology, opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning. NorthStar offers health and life insurance, 401K match, paid holidays, and paid time off, and all NorthStar employees are eligible on day one for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
The Mechanical Systems Engineer will contribute to the design of custom production processing equipment used in the cGMP creation, processing and delivery of radioisotopes. The individual will join the Isotope Production Equipment Engineering Development team and contribute to design and development activities focused on identifying, developing, and implementing mechanical solutions to support the current and future product portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using Solid Works software, create and modify mechanical designs based on product specifications, production tooling requirements, and input from senior staff.
- Develop or adapt designs to meet the unique requirements of a cGMP radioactive pharmaceutical isotope production environment, including radioactive shielding.
- Work with a variety of vendors, particularly sheet metal, plastic, radiation shielding, machine shops, and custom fabricators to develop high-quality and cost-effective sub-components and system-level production processing equipment.
- Deliver engineering solutions with a high level of detail in response to development, hardware, manufacturing, and operational needs.
- Comprehensively document designs, trials and other work in engineering logbooks, updates drawings, specifications, and BOM’s through Change Orders.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering degree and 1-3 years of mechanical engineering experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Product Development Life Cycle ranging from product specification and concept development to product release preferred. Basic knowledge of metal and plastic materials and their respective uses required.
Madison isn’t just the “Capital City,” it also houses NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes’ Research and Development facilities.
The Madison region is a place where dynamic, talented, innovative and hardworking people want to be. We know this because the region is growing at a faster rate than the state and the nation. Madison, Wis. was named first on Livability’s top 100 places to live in 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Mechanical Systems Engineer – 3060 Progress Rd. Madison, WI