PD Microbiologist II
Are you looking to be part of something extraordinary and meaningful that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking motivated individuals like you to join our rapidly growing team in Madison, WI. Innovative technology, Opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning at NorthStar. In addition to health and life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, all NorthStar employees are eligible on Day One for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
NorthStar develops, manufactures and distributes radioisotopes that are used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Our novel, high technology approaches have enabled NorthStar to be the first company in nearly 30 years to produce the radioisotope Mo-99 in the United States. NorthStar’s processes are non-uranium based and designed to help minimize waste while meeting the highest quality standards. The Mo-99 is used in NorthStar’s RadioGenix® System, an isotope separation platform used by radiopharmacies across the country to produce the imaging radioisotope Tc-99m. NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader. Beyond Mo-99, we have a pipeline of other novel and medically important isotopes that can further grow our business and provide development opportunities for our employees. Working with this novel and advanced technology is challenging yet rewarding for talented individuals who want to make a difference and be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business. NorthStar’s people drive our solutions and our success, and we are committed to ensuring that we provide fulfilling work experiences and valuable development opportunities.
The PD Microbiologist II will participate in developing equipment used in the delivery of radioisotopes and in developing Microbiology related procedures and protocols for all NorthStar Departments. Duties will include development of Microbiology related procedures and protocols, working closely with relevant departments to resolve issues, keeping up to date with all the current cGMP, FDA and PDA related standards, paperwork and documentation, keeping up with Governmental and Global Agencies Regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow good laboratory practice, good documentation, and good manufacturing practice to assist with creation and execution of advanced protocols to verify and/or validate product conformance in the area of microbiological testing and control.
- Develop methods, protocols, procedures, trainings, and work instructions.
- Isolate, characterize, identify, and preserve relevant microorganisms as necessary. Be current on modern Microbiology and Molecular Biology Methods developments.
- Create logbooks for lab equipment, consistently use them and review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biological science, microbiology preferred, and two to four years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience within an FDA verification/validation environment preferred.
- Experience developing clear, concise, and adequate protocols, procedures, and work instructions required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of lab controls and general scientific equipment and should strictly adhere to written procedures and enforce it in others.
The Location: Madison
Madison isn’t just the “Capital City,” it also houses NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes’ Research and Development facilities.
The Madison region is a place where dynamic, talented, innovative and hardworking people want to be. We know this because the region is growing at a faster rate than the state and the nation. Madison, Wis. was named first on Livability’s top 100 places to live in 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
PD Microbiologist II – Madison, WI