Production Planner II
Responsible for overseeing and timing the manufacturing processes to support the company business plan. Release and maintain work orders to support multi-location manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Prepare and distribute manufacturing schedules based on requirements for finished goods.
2. Release manufacturing packets to support build plan for multi-locations.
3. Review and maintain work centers, routings, and lead time within company ERP system.
4. Work with Production staff as required to prioritize and ensure due dates are met.
5. Work with purchasing to expedite materials if needed to meet planned schedules.
6. Ensure desired inventory levels are maintained of manufactured assemblies.
7. Monitor problem inventories and resolve using alternate inventory methods.
8. Coordinate Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) into the production schedule as required.
9. Ensure accurate transaction processing in manufacturing work orders.
10. Work with cross functional teams to develop manufacturing schedules for new products introduction.
11. Stay current with the ERP modules used in manufacturing and be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and department trainer for these modules.
12. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely fashion.
13. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health and Safety Program by following procedures and mentoring others.
Ability and willingness to travel up to _5_% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and three to five years of experience preferably within a cGMP manufacturing environment. Medical or pharmaceutical manufacturing is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS certification desired.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with MAS ERP a plus.
Supervise work through the planning and scheduling of work, and the review and approval of tasks.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line