Production Systems Engineer
Are you looking to be part of something extraordinary and meaningful that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking motivated individuals like you to join our rapidly growing team in Madison, WI. Innovative technology, Opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning at NorthStar. In addition to health and life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, all NorthStar employees are eligible on Day One for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
NorthStar develops, manufactures and distributes radioisotopes that are used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Our novel, high technology approaches have enabled NorthStar to be the first company in nearly 30 years to produce the radioisotope Mo-99 in the United States. NorthStar’s processes are non-uranium based and designed to help minimize waste while meeting the highest quality standards. The Mo-99 is used in NorthStar’s RadioGenix® System, an isotope separation platform used by radiopharmacies across the country to produce the imaging radioisotope Tc-99m. NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader. Beyond Mo-99, we have a pipeline of other novel and medically important isotopes which can further grow our business, and provide development opportunities for our employees.
Working with this novel and advanced technology is challenging yet rewarding for talented individuals who want to make a difference and be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business. NorthStar’s people drive our solutions and our success, and we are committed to ensuring that we provide fulfilling work experiences and valuable development opportunities.
The Production Systems Engineer is a leader in the development, implementation, qualification, and commissioning of novel radioisotope processing systems within the Radioisotope Processing Engineering Team. This position will be responsible for leading the design, planning, and execution throughout the product life cycle of novel radioisotope processing systems. This includes gathering, defining, and prioritizing customer requirements/specifications related to the operation, qualification, and maintenance of systems that can be efficiently transitioned into manufacturing. The successful candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to both design and integrate mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and automated systems and must be familiar with systems engineering and manufacturing processes within a medical device/pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop, plan, implement, and support radioisotope processing based projects and solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including determination and delivery on cost, time, and quality to ensure sustained production with an overall focus on productivity and safety. The projects may be within new facilities and/or retrofit of existing.
- Create and modify complex product assemblies based on product manufacturing needs & test and production tooling factors.
- Work with a variety of vendors to develop high quality and cost-effective product designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and two to five years of relevant technical experience in a medical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience within a production engineering environment in the specification, development, and qualification of analytical and production based systems and equipment.
- Experience with liquid/solution distribution/filling, automation, and conveyance systems is highly desirable.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today!
Madison isn’t just the “Capital City,” it also houses NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes’ Research and Development facilities.
The Madison region is a place where dynamic, talented, innovative and hardworking people want to be. We know this because the region is growing at a faster rate than the state and the nation. Madison, Wis. was named first on Livability’s top 100 places to live in 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Production Systems Engineer Madison, WI