The Project Manager is responsible for execution per the project plan and schedule for capital projects, engineering projects, and business projects. This position will coordinate and manage project schedules, working with project teams closely to track progress on tasks, costs, and timelines. This position will work closely with other Project Managers and functional managers to communicate status and work through risks and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Develop and maintain Project Charters, Project Plans, and Project Schedules, and organize project documentation.
2. Identify resource requirements, and work with managers to identify availability of resources.
3. Collaborate with team members to ensure risks and issues are raised and resolved.
4. Organize project performance reports for other Project Managers and management, providing scheduling delays/problems and providing mitigation plans and recommendations, as necessary.
5. Use appropriate templates and tools to build and manage schedules, identify risks, maintain project team minutes, and communicate to team members.
6. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
7. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 10% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or similar related degree and two to five years of experience as a Project Manager in a regulated engineering, manufacturing, or related industry, with at least 5 years of experience in a technical role; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of cGMP working environment would be beneficial.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and Project.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Strong problem solving skills
• Knowledge of FDA medical device or pharmaceutical regulatory and registration requirements
• Knowledge of team building skills
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and team members
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line