Quality Control Analyst
Are you looking to be part of something extraordinary and meaningful that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking motivated individuals like you to join our rapidly growing team in Columbia, MO. Innovative technology, Opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning at NorthStar. In addition to health and life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, all NorthStar employees are eligible on Day One for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
NorthStar develops, manufactures and distributes radioisotopes that are used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Our novel, high technology approaches have enabled NorthStar to be the first company in nearly 30 years to produce the radioisotope Mo-99 in the United States. NorthStar’s processes are non-uranium based and designed to help minimize waste while meeting the highest quality standards. The Mo-99 is used in NorthStar’s RadioGenix® System, an isotope separation platform used by radiopharmacies across the country to produce the imaging radioisotope Tc-99m. NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader. Beyond Mo-99, we have a pipeline of other novel and medically important isotopes that can further grow our business and provide development opportunities for our employees.Working with this novel and advanced technology is challenging yet rewarding for talented individuals who want to make a difference and be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business. NorthStar’s people drive our solutions and our success, and we are committed to ensuring that we provide fulfilling work experiences and valuable development opportunities.
The primary role of the QC Analyst position is to provide operational support for the Quality Control (QC) cGMP functions, for laboratory, engineering, and manufacturing operations. The role will focus on activities such as collecting samples, environmental monitoring, material receiving and inspection, and analytical testing of materials based on provided specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor equipment and instrumentation used on a regular basis to ensure proper operation and calibration. Identify and alert supervisor of issues on instruments and/or test executions; trouble shoot equipment issues and make initial recommendations for possible solutions and/or corrective actions.
- Operate analytical instrumentation (e.g. HPGe, Lighthouse Particle Counter, SAS, & balances).
- Log and maintain all reference standards used to support QC testing while ensuring GDP.
- Support and/or perform qualification and validation activities for testing equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other related scientific discipline.
- Two to four years of related experience in a cGMP environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with executing QC test methods, generating associated data packages, auditing data packages generated by others, trending data, and statistical analyses required.
- Familiarity with executing SOPs in a cGMP environment. Familiarity with cGMP practices, GLP, and GDP.
Location – Columbia, MO
NorthStar’s isotope production employees are based in Columbia, Mo. Our administrative offices are at the recently opened Missouri Innovation Center, and the team operates state-of-the-art processing equipment in the NorthStar Isotope Production suites at the Missouri University Research Reactor Campus, just a short walk away. From picturesque parks and clever cuisine to amazing art and superb shopping, visitors find that Columbia is more than a college town – it is a vibrant and sophisticated city.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
Quality Control Analyst – 1601 S. Providence Rd. , Columbia, MO