Quality Control Analyst
Are you looking to be part of something extraordinary and meaningful that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking motivated individuals like you to join our rapidly growing team in Beloit, WI. Innovative technology, Opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning at NorthStar. In addition to health and life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, all NorthStar employees are eligible on Day One for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
NorthStar develops, manufactures and distributes radioisotopes that are used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. NorthStar is the first company in nearly 30 years to produce the radioisotope Mo-99 in the United States NorthStar’s processes are non-uranium based and the Mo-99 is used by radiopharmacies across the country to produce the imaging radioisotope Tc-99m. NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader. Beyond Mo-99, we have a pipeline of other novel and medically important isotopes which can further grow our business and provide development opportunities for our employees.
Working with this novel and advanced technology is challenging yet rewarding for talented individuals who want to make a difference and be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business. NorthStar’s people drive our solutions and our success, and we are committed to ensuring that we provide fulfilling work experiences and valuable development opportunities.
The Quality Control Analyst will provide operational support for the Quality Control (QC) cGMP functions, both for laboratory and manufacturing operations. This position will focus on support activities, such as sampling, material inspection, and general laboratory testing/support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform incoming inspection of raw materials and components.
- Monitor equipment and instrumentation used on a daily basis to ensure proper operation and calibration. Identify and alert Supervisor of issues on instruments and/or test executions; make initial recommendations for possible solutions and/or corrective actions.
- Participate in authoring and/or revising of SOPs and forms.
- Perform QC functions for ISO 7 and ISO 8 cleanroom cGMP manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other related scientific discipline.
- Two to four years of related experience in a cGMP environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with executing QC test methods (preferably endotoxin, bioburden, sterility, and environmental monitoring, pH, chemical ID testing), generating associated data packages, reviewing/auditing data packages generated by others, trending data, and statistical analyses.
- Experience in executing SOPs in a cGMP environment. Familiarity with use of basic to advanced metrological equipment preferred.
Location – Beloit
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is headquartered in Beloit, Wis. This location is our primary manufacturing site and accommodates all of our corporate functions. Beloit has small city charm, with a lively and renovated downtown, yet is also close to cities such as Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago, and Rockford.
Beloit is a part of the larger South Central Wisconsin/Northern Illinois region, which offers residents and visitors alike a unique blend of urban opportunities and rural, natural beauty. The area, therefore, offers collections of natural, educational, artistic, and historical attractions alongside a wide variety of sporting and social opportunities. There are several cities and many towns within a reasonable commute of Beloit, which offer a wide choice of residential styles and a large number of school district choices for those considering relocation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Quality Control Analyst – 1800 Gateway Blvd. Beloit, WI 53511