Reliability Technician (Service Engineering)
The Reliability Technician is responsible for performing engineering activities in support of the efforts of NorthStar Product Development. This position includes gathering and reporting data regarding product and instrument performance, performing verification and validation testing, and performing various other cross-functional system tests. The Reliability Technician is also responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes quality system processes, which meet the requirements of applicable quality system regulations
All projects and duties will be completed in compliance with applicable cGMP, FDA, and all other regulatory agencies standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Build, maintain, repair, and operate prototype/production systems and associated test equipment.
2. Troubleshoot, report, and catalog product defects.
3. Participate in a cross functional review of defect analysis and resolution planning.
4. Maintain detailed notes regarding system BOM structure, associated drawings, performance, and test results.
5. Implement, test, and document all requirements for test systems, e.g. electrical, electronic, hardware, and software.
6. Execute verification and validation test cases.
7. Complete projects in a timely manner with proper documentation, reporting promptly progress, plans, and problems in a concise manner.
8. Assist Electrical and Mechanical Designers and Engineers with various development tasks.
9. Assist in product safety testing.
10. Assist with ongoing maintenance of any test environments (e.g. updating test data, adding new test data and test cases, general upkeep and maintenance).
11. Support the Engineering group in evaluating engineering technologies and tools.
12. Support Service testing and document development.
13. Support Product Development after design transfer through various enhancement and maintenance efforts under the direction/supervision of designing engineers.
14. Assist with the development and implementation of NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes quality system processes, while meeting the requirements of applicable quality system regulations.
15. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
16. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel, between Madison, WI and Beloit, WI facilities, up to _20__% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a Science or Technology related field and 3 years of experience with testing and troubleshooting Electronics in a relevant manufacturing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent problem solving skills
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.