Under the direction of the Senior Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant performs general accounting and finance duties, in accordance with company and established accounting policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, however other duties may be assigned:
1. Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
2. Review and reconcile subsidiary accounts; resolving discrepancies.
3. Maintain general ledger.
4. Maintain and reconcile fixed asset schedule.
5. Manage day-to-day activities in treasury functions and cash planning.
6. Analyze financial data and manage financial statement preparation and budget reports.
7. Assist with the identification and implementation of new accounting standards.
8. Prepare monthly budget to actual reporting.
9. Prepare bi-weekly payroll.
10. Support month-end and year-end close process.
11. Assist with annual audits and tax returns.
12. Assist with any implementation, managing, and monitoring of ERP system.
13. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
14. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and six or more years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in GAAP principles. Strong technical accounting experience desired.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with Sage ERP preferred, but not required.
• Ability to retain confidential information
• Detail oriented, analytical, organized
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line