Senior Automation Engineer
Are you looking to be part of something extraordinary and meaningful that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking motivated individuals like you to join our rapidly growing team in Madison, WI. Innovative technology, Opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning at NorthStar. In addition to health and life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, all NorthStar employees are eligible on Day One for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
NorthStar develops, manufactures and distributes radioisotopes that are used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Our novel, high technology approaches have enabled NorthStar to be the first company in nearly 30 years to produce the radioisotope Mo-99 in the United States. NorthStar’s processes are non-uranium based and designed to help minimize waste while meeting the highest quality standards. The Mo-99 is used in NorthStar’s RadioGenix® System, an isotope separation platform used by radiopharmacies across the country to produce the imaging radioisotope Tc-99m. NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader. Beyond Mo-99, we have a pipeline of other novel and medically important isotopes which can further grow our business, and provide development opportunities for our employees.
Working with this novel and advanced technology is challenging yet rewarding for talented individuals who want to make a difference and be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business. NorthStar’s people drive our solutions and our success, and we are committed to ensuring that we provide fulfilling work experiences and valuable development opportunities.
The Senior Automation Engineer role is responsible for the design, planning, and execution throughout the product life cycle of system automation technologies. This includes gathering and prioritizing customer requirements and managing the implementation of novel radioisotope manufacturing technologies, as part of new and existing radiopharmaceutical sites. The Senior Automation Engineer will develop and execute automation engineering tasks from the concept phase through design, planning, procurement, and execution, as well as coordinating with vendors and contractors. The design through start-up includes programming of PLC, HMI and Distributed Control Systems (DCS), designing of control loops and basic logic diagrams, as well as associated documentation. This will include advanced system automation design as related to; proficient system workflows, data interfaces between disparate systems and overall data management, which will be used for system tracking and trending.
- Lead responsibility for defining the overall automation strategy and architecture for Ursa Minor. This would include process control, process control network, batch/recipe processing, and integration with MES systems.
- Lead the selection of vendors and management of automation integration partners. Be the primary point of contact.
- Develop, plan, implement and support automation based projects and solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including determination and delivery on cost, time and quality to ensure sustained production, with an overall focus on productivity and safety. The projects may be within new facilities and/or retrofit of existing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 8 or more years of automation engineering design and implementation of control systems software experience within a regulated pharmaceutical/medical device manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with PLC, HMI and DCS in Product Development Life Cycle ranging from product specification and concept development to product release.
- Experience with radioactive material processing a plus.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today!
Madison isn’t just the “Capital City,” it also houses NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes’ Research and Development facilities.
The Madison region is a place where dynamic, talented, innovative and hardworking people want to be. We know this because the region is growing at a faster rate than the state and the nation. Madison, Wis. was named first on Livability’s top 100 places to live in 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Senior Automation Engineer