Senior Technical Support Engineer
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will have a proven record of customer service, troubleshooting, and management of remote customer issues and will be responsible for the initial contact response. This will be accomplished by focusing NorthStar resources in order to rapidly resolve customer events and quickly escalate unresolved issues to ensure that the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved. All efforts will be mindful of and in compliance with any and all federal and state regulatory requirements.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will normally work a rotating shift schedule to support the operations of the Nuclear Pharmacy Customers who operate our equipment. Work Schedules are determined by a combination of, but not limited to, NorthStar’s service obligations and customer service needs. Weekly, 24/7 on-call support is also required on a rotational basis and shift schedules may change to better accommodate customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Senior Technical Support Engineer will respond to external customer inquiries and resolve issues related to product performance or product use.
2. Document customer issues utilizing Salesforce and verifies that all customer issues are assigned to others when off shift.
3. Share lessons learned with other Technical Support Engineers and Field Service Engineers through on-line and in person interactions, in order to foster understanding, develop skills, improve productivity, and maximize performance.
4. Assist in the development of Service documentation in conjunction with Engineering.
5. Work with subject matter experts to assist in the development and implementation of best practices to address the following areas: general usage questions from customers and field personnel, tracking of customer complaints, logging of system failures, managing internal and external product and customer feedback for R&D, capturing troubleshooting best practices to aid the field service and contact center teams.
6. Communicates and follows up to ensure that contact center support personnel are fully informed of all new information relative to products, procedures, customers, and company policies.
7. Provide feedback and suggestions for maintaining and improving Customer Contact Center technology.
8. Act as the next level of escalation for FSE’s and assists other Technical Support Engineers with difficult calls.
9. Provide a positive, consistent company image when discussing the company, products, and management decisions with the internal and external customers.
10. Establish clear lines of communication to all appropriate areas of the company for call escalation, information feedback and product improvements. Rapidly escalates any safety and quality issues identified by customers.
11. Manage schedule(s) and work priorities to ensure that urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately and customer satisfaction is optimized.
12. Conduct administrative duties (e.g. timesheets and expense reports) within company guidelines.
13. Manage expenses incurred while providing support of NorthStar Customer systems.
14. Periodically travel to Customer Sites to conduct pre-install inspections and/or provide onsite support during times where there may not be an FSE available.
15. Become proficient with the RadioGenix System both from a User’s perspective and a Technical perspective to better assist our Customers and Field Service Engineers.
16. Conduct End-User Training as new customers come onboard.
17. Mentor/train other Service personnel.
18. Support sales in preparation of trade show equipment and support at trade shows as necessary.
19. Support Engineering and Research and Development as needed.
20. Identify training needs for field service personnel and customers.
21. Assist in the development, deployment and completion of Field Actions and Service Bulletins.
22. Drive the use of remote troubleshooting software (e.g., TeamViewer) wherever possible to reduce Field Service Engineer travel and expedite Customer call resolution.
23. Help develop and maintain a Knowledge Base containing technical information as well as common Customer-related questions and answers.
24. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
25. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field of study (e.g. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or Pharmacy) and six or more years of relevant experience in a production and/or service environment is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Contact Center Management is required. Experience working in a highly regulated environment (ISO, FDA, NRC, etc) is preferred. Radiation experience (hands on or in theory) is preferred.
The ability to review situations at remote locations using both customer contact and remote monitoring software (Team Viewer), and the ability to apply common sense troubleshooting techniques and escalating as necessary is required.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Visio.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
• High level of independent problem solving skills
• Strong understanding of Document Control Systems
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line