Are you looking to be part of something extraordinary and meaningful that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking motivated individuals like you to join our rapidly growing team in Beloit, WI. Innovative technology, Opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning at NorthStar. In addition to health and life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, all NorthStar employees are eligible on Day One for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
NorthStar develops, manufactures and distributes radioisotopes that are used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. NorthStar is the first company in nearly 30 years to produce the radioisotope Mo-99 in the United States NorthStar’s processes are non-uranium based and the Mo-99 is used by radiopharmacies across the country to produce the imaging radioisotope Tc-99m. NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader. Beyond Mo-99, we have a pipeline of other novel and medically important isotopes which can further grow our business and provide development opportunities for our employees.
Working with this novel and advanced technology is challenging yet rewarding for talented individuals who want to make a difference and be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business. NorthStar’s people drive our solutions and our success, and we are committed to ensuring that we provide fulfilling work experiences and valuable development opportunities.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of software for Radioisotope Instrumentation and other projects. This includes reviewing system requirements, creating subsystem requirements, generating product specifications, developing novel radioisotope instrument technologies, and testing system functionality.
- Utilize and remain proficient in a Windows based software platform, including but not limited to C#, Version Control, SQL, and Visual Studio development tools. C++ experience is highly desirable.
- Familiarity and understanding of object-oriented principles (abstraction, encapsulation, polymorphism, etc.), functional principles (referential transparency, pure functions, type systems) design patterns and anti-patterns, pointers, asynchronous threading, delegates, garbage collection, algorithms, recursion, SQL databases, serialization and deserialization, real-time programming, communication protocols, MVVM, continuous integration, automated unit testing, software API design, working with large code bases, and similar topics.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team to develop solutions using software designs to solve application and instrument control requirements which meets objective performance characteristics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and 3 or more years of programming experience of instrumentation or control systems using a Windows based development environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with medical device design and development and/or cGMP compliance strongly desired.
- Familiar with FDA regulations
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today!
Madison isn’t just the “Capital City,” it also houses NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes’ Research and Development facilities.
The Madison region is a place where dynamic, talented, innovative and hardworking people want to be. We know this because the region is growing at a faster rate than the state and the nation. Madison, Wis. was named first on Livability’s top 100 places to live in 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Software Engineer Madison, WI