Sustaining and Service Development Engineer
The Sustaining and Service Development Engineer (SSDE) is responsible for ensuring that service requirements are integrated into NorthStar’s product development cycle and for identifying methodologies that ensure NorthStar products are service and customer friendly. To do this, the SSDE will work hand in hand with customers, field service engineers, technical support representatives, and product development engineers to determine customer and service related requirements to ensure serviceability and usability is considered in all NorthStar released products. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with modest travel. The SSDE must demonstrate a strong ability to work cross functionally and possess experience working with cross functional teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Inject Service Requirements into the Product Development Cycle.
2. Identify methods to make servicing the NorthStar products more efficient.
3. Work closely with Field Service Engineers (FSEs) to determine Service-related requirements.
4. Work closely with Product Development Engineers to ensure serviceability of NorthStar products.
5. Analyze failures occurring in the field to determine if changes need to be made to NorthStar products.
6. Assist in the development of training materials for Field Service Engineers and Customers.
7. Assist in the development of test fixtures to test parts returned from Customer Sites.
8. Assist in identification and development of field service tools and test equipment.
9. Execute and evaluate testing in RadioGenix Reliability Testing and Evaluation.
10. Develop, write, and validate technical documentation.
11. Identify issues that directly affect NorthStar products (packaging, procedural, training, and process related).
12. Assist in the design of Service related processes, procedures, and guidelines.
13. Periodically audit all processes and documents to ensure they meet all regulatory and quality requirements.
14. Communicate regularly with members of product development, manufacturing, and customer support to ensure that all continuing engineering efforts are considered.
15. Assist in the development of FSE, Installer, and Technical Support troubleshooting methods and action plans to address various field issues.
16. Provide a positive and consistent company image when discussing the company, products, and management decisions to both internal and external customers.
17. Effectively communicate safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff in a timely manner.
18. Support NorthStar’s Quality System and Health & Safety Program by following policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 35% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, or other applicable engineering discipline, or a related physical science degree and two or more years of experience in production and/or service environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Hands on experience with electronic test equipment, Systems related engineering, and fluid dynamics engineering preferred.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel required. Experience working in Solidworks or other rendering software preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to change in the work environment
• High level of independent problem solving skills
• Strong understanding of Document Control Systems
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.