Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Are you looking to be part of a game-changing organization that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking individuals with a proactive, collaborative, can-do mindset to join our rapidly growing team in Madison, WI.
NorthStar develops, manufactures, and distributes radioisotopes used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Using novel and advanced technologies, NorthStar will scale up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader.
Innovative technology, opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning. NorthStar offers health and life insurance, 401K match, paid holidays, and paid time off, and all NorthStar employees are eligible on day one for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
The Manager, of Mechanical Engineering, is responsible for leading mechanical engineering efforts related to new product design and sustaining engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor and oversee the ongoing training, growth, and development of all direct team members.
- Develop project plans, schedules, test plans, and other project documentation. Track progress to schedule, guide the team to meet deliverables, and hold individuals accountable for deliverables
- Oversee overall mechanical engineering development process including requirements, specifications, architecture, standards, design standards, review processes, test methods, and change control
- Lead Technical Reviews and/or Design Reviews to properly prototype, test, verify, and validate designs
- Execute/support verification/validation test strategies
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and five or more years of progressive experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing engineering environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Two or more years of leadership experience are required.
Madison isn’t just the “Capital City,” it also houses NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes’ Research and Development facilities.
The Madison region is a place where dynamic, talented, innovative, and hardworking people want to be. We know this because the region is growing at a faster rate than the state and the nation. Madison, Wis. was named first on Livability’s top 100 places to live in 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.