Are you looking to be part of a game-changing organization that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking individuals with a proactive, collaborative, can-do mindset to join our rapidly growing team.
NorthStar develops, manufactures, and distributes radioisotopes used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Using novel and advanced technologies, NorthStar will scale up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader.
Innovative technology, opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning. NorthStar offers health and life insurance, 401K match, paid holidays and paid time off, and all NorthStar employees are eligible on day one for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for evaluating manufacturing processes by assisting in the design and conduction of research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling/equipment, and materials. This position will assist in coordinating product and process improvements to meet quality and production goals.
All duties and responsibilities will be done in compliance with cGMP and FDA regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Assists in developing manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors; process development and documentation including work instructions and batch production records.
- Works directly with product development to assist in developing/executing design transfer plans for new products.
- Assists in developing test systems for electromechanical devices and disposable components.
- Assists in ensuring product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes and reduce costs.
- Assists in improving/optimizes manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning material and work flow, layouts/space requirements, and equipment.
In addition, the ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 10% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and one to two years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NorthStar’s isotope production employees are based in Columbia, Mo. Our administrative offices are at the recently opened Missouri Innovation Center, and the team operates state-of-the-art processing equipment in the NorthStar Isotope Production suites at the Missouri University Research Reactor Campus, just a short walk away. From picturesque parks and clever cuisine to amazing art and superb shopping, visitors find that Columbia is more than a college town – it is a vibrant and sophisticated city.