Are you looking to be part of a game-changing organization that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking individuals with a pro-active, collaborative, can-do mindset to join our rapidly growing team in Beloit, WI.
NorthStar develops, manufactures, and distributes radioisotopes used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Using novel and advanced technologies, NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader.
Innovative technology, opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning. NorthStar offers health and life insurance, 401K match, paid holidays, and paid time off, and all NorthStar employees are eligible on day one for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
The Manufacturing Specialist performs duties to support the manufacturing of Mo-99 through equipment preparation, product dissolution, and dispensing of radiopharmaceutical isotope, Mo-99, to NorthStar’s customers while complying with procedures, instructions, and prescribed routines. All projects and duties will be completed in compliance with applicable regulatory agencies, such as DOT, WI DHS, OSHA, cGMP, and FDA.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs various aspects of the Mo-99 radiopharmaceutical production process, including pre-production set-up, manufacturing processes, and post-production activities.
· Assist in the accurate and timely preparation and completion of records related to Mo-99 radiopharmaceutical production, including digital Batch Records, Forms, Log Books, etc.
· Perform routine quality assurance testing, environmental monitoring, and other operational checks prior to production.
· Assist to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility, equipment, and materials, NorthStar’s respective policies and procedures.
· Determine basic problem causes of manufacturing equipment and automation issues; provide recommendations for corrective actions and follow-up to ensure efficacy of corrective action.
Bachelors or Technical qualification in science, technology, or engineering and one or more years of experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working in a highly regulated environment is preferred. Strong mechanical aptitude is required, and some scientific background is preferred.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is headquartered in Beloit, WI. This location is our primary manufacturing site and accommodates all of our corporate functions. Beloit has small city charm, with a lively and renovated downtown, yet is also close to cities such as Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago, and Rockford.
Beloit is a part of the larger South Central Wisconsin/Northern Illinois region, which offers residents and visitors alike a unique blend of urban opportunities and rural, natural beauty. The area, therefore, offers collections of natural, educational, artistic, and historical attractions alongside a wide variety of sporting and social opportunities. There are several cities and many towns within a reasonable commute of Beloit, which offer a wide choice of residential styles and a large number of school district choices for those considering relocation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.