Are you looking to be part of a game-changing organization that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking individuals with a pro-active, collaborative, can-do mindset to join our rapidly growing team in Madison, WI.
NorthStar develops, manufactures, and distributes radioisotopes used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Using novel and advanced technologies, NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader.
Innovative technology, opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning. NorthStar offers health and life insurance, 401K match, paid holidays, and paid time off, and all NorthStar employees are eligible on day one for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
The Nuclear Engineer will assist the development of novel particle accelerator based radioisotope processing systems. This position will work collaboratively with senior engineers and physicists in the specification, development, implementation, qualification, and commissioning of these accelerator systems. This position will be focused on the efficient creation and processing of radioisotopes, and will also assist in the design, implementation, and analysis of radiological measurement systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop techniques for the production of novel radioisotopes using either accelerators or nuclear reactors
- Assist with the development of processes and associated documentation related to system calibration, preventive maintenance, and repair of production systems
- Document designs, trials, and other work in engineering reports manages and updates drawings, specifications, and BOM’s through Change Orders
- Assist with the development and execution of product and system verification and validation strategies.
- Bachelors degree in Nuclear Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline
- Working knowledge of the nuclear activation of materials
- Experience in a radiological environment
- Experience with radioactive material processing and designing, implementing, or testing radiation protection systems
Madison isn’t just the “Capital City,” it also houses NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes’ Research and Development facilities.
The Madison region is a place where dynamic, talented, innovative, and hardworking people want to be. We know this because the region is growing at a faster rate than the state and the nation. Madison, Wis. was named first on Livability’s top 100 places to live in 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.