Senior Mechanical Engineer - Thermal Systems
Are you looking to be part of a game-changing organization that is helping thousands of patients across the country every day? NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is seeking individuals with a pro-active, collaborative, can-do mindset to join our rapidly growing team in Madison, WI.
NorthStar develops, manufactures, and distributes radioisotopes used daily for patients needing medically important diagnostic imaging tests. Using novel and advanced technologies, NorthStar will scale-up production over the coming months and years and intends to become the industry’s market leader.
Innovative technology, opportunities for career advancement, and competitive compensation are just the beginning. NorthStar offers health and life insurance, 401K match, paid holidays, and paid time off, and all NorthStar employees are eligible on day one for our annual bonus and equity incentive plans.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer – Thermal Systems will assist with the development of NorthStar’s particle accelerator based radioisotope processing systems. This position will be a technical leader in the integration and design of cooling, vacuum, piping, and thermal systems within existing or new accelerator based radioisotope production projects. The Senior Mechanical Engineer – Thermal Systems will also serve as a large design contributor on modifying and/or creating new accelerator radioisotope targets and will help drive the development of thermodynamic requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead detailed mechanical design and analysis of precision components from a variety of materials and production processes
- Create and modify complex mechanical systems
- Integrate commercial and custom accelerator hardware to further NorthStar’s mission
- Develop internal P&IDs and PFDs for new target cooling systems within NorthStar’s accelerator based radioisotope processing systems
- Manage budget, schedule, design and equipment deliverables from capital equipment vendors
- Use ANSYS to conduct FEA/CFD simulations on new and existing designs
- Document and present designs, trials and other work in engineering reports, manages and updates drawings, specifications, and BOM’s through Change Orders
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or other related engineering discipline and 6 or more years’ experience with development of mechanical systems in a regulated environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with SolidWorks, ANSYS, 2D mechanical drawings, and piping & flow diagrams required. Experience with industrial cooling systems, vacuum and/or helium systems, and knowledge of particle accelerator technology preferred.
Madison isn’t just the “Capital City,” it also houses NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes’ Research and Development facilities.
The Madison region is a place where dynamic, talented, innovative and hardworking people want to be. We know this because the region is growing at a faster rate than the state and the nation. Madison, Wis. was named first on Livability’s top 100 places to live in 2014.
NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.